DR. B’s POWER SHAKE
1) Protein Powder
20-40g of high quality, vegetarian source: Pick one.
· Warrior Blend Vanilla or Unflavored– 1-2 scoops daily. Made by Sunwarrior.
· Classic Protein Natural (pure rice protein – low glycemic) 1-2 scoops daily. By Sunwarrior.
Both soluble & insoluble fiber to support microbiome integrity.
· Organic flax meal or chia seeds: 1 teaspoon per shake.
3) Phytochemicals & Antioxidants
Green, red, and purple colored fruits and veggies. Pick two or three.
· Wild frozen blueberries or organic blackberries (fresh or frozen) – 1 cup
· One handful of fresh organic spinach or kale.
· Nanogreens and Nanoreds powders – 1 scoop of each. Best if don’t like veggies. Taste is great. Liposomal for superior absorption. Equals 10 servings of antioxidants from fruits & veggies!
4) Carnitine Tartrate Powder
Preserves muscle mass and supports mitochondrial function (energy). Use 1,000 -3,000mg.
per shake. Use Acetyl-L-Carnitine powder if neurological symptoms. Best brands are
Vital Nutrients, Designs for Health, or Cardiovascular Research, respectively.
5) Non-Dairy Liquid
Organic and unsweetened coconut, almond, cashew, oat or hemp milk. Vary amount to get a desired consistency. Optional: water or coconut water.
Add Digestive Enzymes for digestion & absorption. Open 1-2 caps into shake. Options include Enzorb Digestive Enzymes by Sunwarrior or Digestive Enzymes Ultra by Pure Encapsulations.
Other Shake Options -
· Mushroom Master Blend (powder): 2-3 scoops per shake. Made by OM Botanicals.
· MCT Oil – by Jarrow Formulas or Flora are great brands. Use 1-2 Tbsp. per shake.
· Vitamin D3 with K2 Liquid – by Ortho Molecular Products. Use 2-5 drops (not droppers). Do not take if currently using Coumadin or Warfarin blood-thinning medication.
· BodyBio Balance Oil: Use 1 Tbsp. per shake. Source of essential fatty acids.
· Avocado. Use ¼ to ½ per shake, or ¼ cup of organic coconut cream.
· Ginger, cardamom, cinnamon powder; lemon, orange or lime zest to help nausea.
*All products: 20% off through our website Virtual Pharmacies (Wellevate or Fullscript)