Dental Detoxification Support*
If you’re about to have amalgam (a.k.a. ‘silver’) fillings removed, basic cellular protectionis required. The main material in amalgam fillings is one of the most toxic substances. Mercury. In fact, it’s 50% mercury by composition, with silver 22-32%, tin 14% and copper at 8%. Skeptical? Watch any dentist and staff attempt removal of amalgam fillings. Their protection required looks like a science fiction movie! No reputable neurotoxicologist thinks amalgam fillings are safe.
Immediate dangers are:
A) Absorption. Fortunately, we can take natural binding products for this.
B) Oxidative Stress, or free radical formation. Vitamin C, certain forms of selenium, lipoic acid, NAC and glutathione (GSH) help tremendously! Unless GSH is injected, it’s destroyed in the gut. However, the liposomal form shows to be nearly as good as injectable, at a fraction of the cost!
Long-term damage from mercury occurs in the brain, nervous system, kidney, endocrine system and cell receptors. Think of receptors as miniature antennae on the surface of our trillions of cells! They’re the cell guardians that determine what can come and go inside the cell. Molecular biologists refer to receptors as the cell’s ‘second brain’. Bottom line: protect them.
Here’s when and what you’ll need to protect yourself before and after each amalgam removal or restoration:
1) Start at least 2 days prior, and continue for at least 3 days after each procedure.
2) *C Complete Powder. (Virtual Pharmacy code: IN44016). Take one scoop (1,000 mg), 3X a day into any liquid. Web pharmacy out of stock option: Ester C & Flavonoids.
3) *GI Detox+. Take 2 caps, am & pm. Take just before each appointment, or better yet, take as soon as you arrive in the dental office! Dosing is at least 1 hour before or after food and 2 hours after any supplements or medication. Web pharmacy out of stock option: PectaSol Metal Detox at 3 caps, twice a day.
4) *Liposomal Glutathione (Quicksilver Scientific or Designs for Health brands only). Take 4 pumps, twice daily. Hold it in mouth for at least 30+ seconds before swallowing.
For procedures such as root canals or implants:
1) *Arnica 200CK. Take the number of pellets as directed on the bottle. I like Boiron brand, available on our website’s Virtual Pharmacy. A wonderful homeopathic to speed healing & recovery. Take one dose a day starting just after the procedure, for 1 week.
2) Some people require additional support, or proteolytic enzymes (including nattokinase) if blood viscosity is too high (thick), which slows healing. We’ve had good experience with *Systemic Enzyme Complex capsules. Typical dosage is 3-4 caps, twice daily on an empty stomach (at least 30 minutes prior to or at least 2 hours after meals). This must be discussed with your doctor, as anyone taking anticoagulant medicine needs close monitoring.
* Available online through our website Virtual Pharmacy. See www.healthquestforme.com. Click on the Virtual Pharmacy link 'Go Now' found on our website's main page. Once approved, you can order all supplements listed above, plus hundreds of other professional or commercial brands, at a 20% discount. Search on pharmacy by product name. If you have any issue, call their toll-free number at 866-807-3828.
A word of caution: DON'T ATTEMPT AMALGAM REMOVAL, EVEN BY A TRAINED BIOLOGICAL DENTIST IF YOU'RE PREGNANT OR NURSING!
To a trained biological dentist, this is all common knowledge. For a biological dentist near you, check out www.iaomt.org.
The International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (www.iaomt.org).
Whole Body Dentistry. Mark Breiner, DDS.
The Poison in Your Teeth. Tom McGuire, DDS.
The Mercury in Your Mouth. Quicksilver Associates.
Silver Dental Fillings: The Toxic Timebomb, by Sam Ziff.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.